I was nominated by JLuis Licea during a conversation on twitter. To be most specific JLuis was trying to nominate Rachel Walter but she was trying to throw the nomination in my direction. In my book that means she's nicer than me but...I humbly accept my award and all the honours and duties attached to it.
Here's what you I have to do:
- I list 11 random facts about myself.
- I will answer the 11 questions asked of me by the person who nominated me.
- I will then nominate my 11 picks for the award along with my 11 questions for them to answer when they post a response.
- If you’re nominated, your name/link will appear at the bottom of this post along with your questions. Follow the same format; paste the award badge to your blog, give us 11 random facts about yourself, answer my 11 questions, and choose your nominees…but you cannot nominate the blog who nominated you.
So here are 11 random facts about me:
- I once sang with a Gregorian Chant choir
- For several years I trained to be an astrologer and considered making it my profession
- The year I was diagnosed with asthma I ran my first race (a mini-duathlon 5 km run, 15 km biking)
- I truly dislike Keanu Reeve's acting. I've wanted to slap him for most of his movies. Pretty much everything except My Own Private Idaho and Sweet November.
- When I was younger I wanted to write and draw comics. My brother and I created an entire universe of characters...although he lost interest in it very quickly. I still have all the notes and most of the panels were drew
- I constantly have nightmares about Jason Voorhees.
- The novel I'm writing now, Fallen and the Towers of Graunskyeg, takes place in a place I've been world building for over 25 years. I'm nearing Tolkien-level obsession
- I have never seen Top Gun.
- In the early 1990s I had a purple mohawk and wore lots of black make-up. Seriously.
- I used to alphabetize my spice collection but I'm getting my OCD under control. Mostly.
- I created my own role-playing gaming system based. Wrote 2 400+ pages books to support it.
Here are the 11 questions I was asked with my answers:
1. What do you think about when you hear the word 'Book'?
Magic made portable
2. In one word, describe a book you love.
Liberating (Mists of Avalon)
3. What animal do you fear the most?
Mice. Because they are cute and I know I have to kill them. Hate that.
4. Favourite time of the day to read?
Night. Anytime after 11:00 p.m.
5. Coffee person? If yes, do you drink it with milk, cream, or just plain? If not, what do you drink instead?
Trying to avoid coffee. I have zero tolerance for caffeine. It makes me stay up all night. But when I drink it, milk and 2 sweetners.
6. Have you published a book? If yes, share the name and a link! Brag! If not, are you working on one that's on its way to the sea of sharks?
Not published yet. My first book, Council of Peacocks should be available in April of this year. I'm on the second draft of the first book in another series which should be finished end of March. When that's off to beta readers I will start the second draft of the second book in that series. I'll be busy.
7. Favorite candy and why?
Worthers. Best chocolate candy. Do not put them between me and you. You will lose a hand.
8. Tells us, what inspired you to become a writer/blogger in one or two sentences?
Writer: a teacher had faith in me and showed me I had talent
Blogger: all about promotion and getting your name into the community
9. Every beginning has an end. Do you prefer a happy ending or one that just satisfies?
Depends on the genre. I love the ending of The Notebook although its not exactly happy. I also love The Princess Bride. However, a happy ending in a horror film means its not a horror book/film.
10. If I pay for you to go anywhere in the world with someone, where would you go and who would you go with?
Hong Kong with my fiance (and our friend Gabriel who will translate for us)
11. What is a dream you have and always keep alive?
Seeing a film based on one of my books
EXTRA CREDIT QUESTION: What do you dry first after you come out of the shower?
G rated answer: my face
I would nominate JLuis because he's weird and quirky; however, there's a no-nominate back clause. I'd also nominate Rachel Walter but she had THREE nominations recently and had to answer 33 questions. I'll take it easy on her. Instead here are my nominees with their questions.
NomineesMary Jeddore Blakney (Jae)
Phillip W Simpson
L. J. Kentowski
- When you eat the smarties do you eat the red ones last?
- What writer's career would you most like to emulate (fancy word for follow)?
- What fantasy world would you most like to live in?
- Have you ever had a story/book idea so bad you decided to not write it? If so, give details.
- What superpower would you most like to have and why?
- What was the scariest nightmare you've ever had?
- What is your most favourite part of the writing/creative process?
- List five of the best books you've ever read
- List one of the worst books you've ever read (and why you think it was so bad).
- Have you spent time thinking about what you would do in a zombie invasion
- List your favourite toppings on a pizza
For more details on history of the Lieber Blog Awards check here for more details
Amazon: M Joseph Murphy on Amazon: Paperback and ebook
Smashwords: M Joseph Murphy Author Page on Smashwords
Kobo: M Joseph Murphy Books on Kobo