Share Button

Friday, November 9, 2012

Review - Silent Hill: Revelation

Silent Hill: Revelation is a beautiful movie. The set design, the wardrobe, the effects, the makeup everything about this movie is absolutely stunning. Except for the writing and the acting.

I know, I know. Those last things are kind of important. One might say crucial. Because they are, unfortunately, pretty terrible, a movie that could have been very successful turns out to be...less so.

I really enjoyed the movie. However, of the people I went with, I was the only one that did. I rolled my eyes at how horrible Sean Bean was and I knew the film was troubled. Sean Bean is amazing, normally. But you can only do so much if the lines on the page are horrible. Unnecessary and contradictory back story and painfully pretentious moments show writers what NOT to do.

Still, I believe it's worth watching. I was constantly in awe of how visually stunning the movie was while also managing to create incredibly icky and creepy moments.

Unfortunately, Silent Hill Revelation would have been a much better movie if it was silent.

 Silent Hill: IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Button