Share Button

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Christie Stratos: Why I Recommend her Beta Reading Services



A few weeks ago Christie Stratos agreed to beta read my novel Council of Peacocks. It is a much better book thanks to her input.

Let me brag about myself for a second. I've taught a course on Effective Business Writing for 6 years. I have also previously worked as a technical writer. I've also taken numerous linguistic courses in French and English.  I get grammar. I also took creative writing courses at the University of Windsor when Alistair MacLeod taught there. If you don't know him, he's pretty famous in the Canadian Literature scene.

Stratos' work went well beyond nuts and bolts. Grammar mistakes are easy fixes. She pointed out weaknesses in the story and inconsistencies between scenes. This type of error is much harder to spot and more important to the reader's enjoyment.

Every suggestion she offered made complete sense. She pointed out errors in a gentle tone because she understands how sensitive us artistic types can be.

She also did something very difficult to do: she made suggestions without changing my writer's voice.

If you are looking to hire an professional to look over your work, I highly recommend Christie Stratos. She also has a special promotion on right now.  See below for the link.

Beta Reading Special Offer: Hurry! Time is almost up.

BOOKS BY M JOSEPH MURPHY:

Amazon: M Joseph Murphy on Amazon: Paperback and ebook
Smashwords: M Joseph Murphy Author Page on Smashwords
Kobo: M Joseph Murphy Books on Kobo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Button