Share Button

Monday, July 8, 2013

Acknowledgement's Page from Council of Peacocks



Below is the acknowledgements page from Council of Peacocks. I know some people never read them. I also understand now why writers include them in books.

Last year, if you’d asked me, I would have told you writing was a lonely, solitary activity. Now I know better.

First, a thank you to my beta readers: James Marentette, Rob Welch, Bronwyn Cair, Stephanie Parent, Craig McGray and Carey Heywood.

To Charles Ekeke a special thanks for being my harshest critic. You forced me to look at some of the largest weak spots in Council of Peacocks and make them stronger.

To Christie Stratos for spot on line edits and constant encouragement. She pointed out weaknesses in the story and inconsistencies between scenes. This type of error is much harder to spot and more important to the reader's enjoyment.

To my cover artist, Dane Low, thanks for your wonderful eye. You took my idea for a cover and created something better. 

I also need to thank Linda Johannesson for her thorough, in-depth proofreading. You were worth every dime and then some. You found things no one else did. You also helped immensely by improving Australian slang and finding all my Canadianisms.


Lastly, a huge thanks to Travis Luedke who did line edits twice. You made me look at every word of every line on every page. You told me when my jokes weren’t funny, when my exposition was too wordy and when my dialogue needed more ‘umph’. You’ve also been my largest supporter. There is no way I’ll ever be able to repay your kindness.


Amazon: M Joseph Murphy on Amazon: Paperback and ebook
Smashwords: M Joseph Murphy Author Page on Smashwords
Kobo: M Joseph Murphy Books on Kobo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Button